Reviewed and revised 28 July 2016
Alfred ICU Guidelines
- Dying & Deceased Patients
- ICU Withholding/ Withdrawing Treatment
- Multicultural Care at the time of Death and Dying
- Donation After Cardiac Death
- Donation After Brain Death (additional guidelines)
- Organ and Tissue donation Overview
- Care of Dying Patient Pathway ICU
- Care of Dying Patient Pathway Extension
- Documentation for the determination of death
Other information (particularly useful for CICM trainees)
- ANZICS Statement on Death and Organ Donation – 3.2 (2013)
- Breaking Bad (News) by David Anderson (SMACC Chicago, 2015)
- Talking at the Death by Steve Philpot (smaccGOLD, 2014)
- What is possible?, What is reasonable?, What is best? (Panel discussion at smaccGOLD, featuring Steve Philpot from The Alfred ICU)
- Australian Organ Donation Registry (Steve Philpot speaking at a VIN meeting)
- LITFL CCC on Brain Death and Organ Donation
- LITFL CCC on End of Life Care
- Keyword search the FCICM Fellowship exam database on LITFL for relevant past questions.
Dying and Deceased patients article form 1994 is out of date?
Any chance of an update?
From a studious Medical Student