Waaaay back in December 2013 the Australian Resuscitation Outcomes Consortium (Aus-ROC) held a great seminar on ‘Mechanical Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation’ at The Alfred. Unfortunately some of us were working night shifts and couldn’t attend… Fortunately Aus-ROC have created free online videos of the key talks so that no one misses out.
Here are the video links (for mp4 downloads):
- Introduction by Professor Judith Finn – Professor Finn is the Director of Aus-ROC.
- Mechanical Chest Compressions during CPR by Professor Sten Rubertsson – Professor Rubertson made the trip from Sweden to give this talk in the wake of The LINC trial, of which he was the lead investigator.
- Mechanical CPR to ECMO – The Melbourne Experience by The Alfred ICU’s Professor Stephen Bernard – Look out for the CHEER study: “Refractory Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest Treated with Mechanical CPR, Hypothermia, ECMO and Early Reperfusion” being conducted at The Alfred ICU.
- Mechanical CPR to hospital: The Perth experience by Professor Ian Jacobs, Clinical Services Director of St John Ambulance (WA) and Chairman of the Australian Resuscitation Council Western Australian Branch
- Mechanical CPR to the catheter lab: The Sydney proposal by Dr Karel Habig, Medical Director of Greater Sydney Area HEMS and RAGE podcaster.
Pingback: Post-Resuscitation Care, Prognostication and Outcomes | INTENSIVE
Pingback: The LITFL Review 138 - LITFL