Reviewed and revised 7 October 2014
Topic champions: Jamie Cooper, Owen Roodenburg, Chris Nickson
Previous champions: Amy Krepska
The topic for JMS teaching on October 8 2014 is Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
Alfred ICU Guidelines
Other information (particularly useful for CICM trainees)
- Brain Trauma Foundation Guidelines
- Dunn LT. Raised intracranial pressure. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2002 Sep;73 Suppl 1:i23-7. PubMed PMID: 12185258; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC1765599.
- Ropper AH. Hyperosmolar therapy for raised intracranial pressure. N Engl J Med. 2012 Aug 23;367(8):746-52. doi: 10.1056/NEJMct1206321. Review. PubMed PMID: 22913684.
- Stocchetti N, Maas AI. Traumatic intracranial hypertension. N Engl J Med. 2014 May 29;370(22):2121-30. doi: 10.1056/NEJMra1208708. Review. PubMed PMID: 24869722.
- LITFL CCC entries:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Overview
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Assessment
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Management
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Monitoring
- Increased Intracranial Pressure in Traumatic Brain Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) Prognosis
- Temperature and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Cerebral Perfusion Pressure (CPP) in TBI
- LITFL trauma Tribulation 015 — Trauma! Traumatic Brain Injury
- INTENSIVE — What does this monitor screen tell you about TBI?
- Keyword search the FCICM Fellowship exam database on LITFL for relevant past questions.