Reviewed and revised December 2 2014
Topic champions: Irma Bilgrami, Vinodh Nanjayya, Lloyd Roberts
Previous champions: Tom Flett
This is the topic for JMS teaching on December 3 2014.
Suggested resources (particularly useful for CICM trainees)
- Transfusion.com.au (Australian Red Cross)
- National Blood Authority (NBA) including Patient Blood Management Guidelines
- LITFL CCC entries:
- Blood Bank, testing
- Blood Conservation Strategies
- Blood products
- Blood Transfusion in ICU
- Blood Transfusion Risks
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation
- Informed Consent for Blood Transfusion
- Leukodepleted Blood
- Massive Blood Loss
- Storage Lesions
- Thromboelastogram (TEG), thromboelastography
- TRALI, transfusion related lung injury
- Search the LITFL CCC for ‘transfusion’ and/or ‘haematology’ for related topics.
- Keyword search the FCICM Fellowship exam database on LITFL for relevant past questions.